Friday, February 14, 2014

"A Romantic Dream" Part 1 *Flashback Friday* V-Day 2014


***Flashback Friday***

So I decided to share a letter that was written to me a few years ago by a former friend and boyfriend.  I've been waiting for a good time to share it, and I think now will be good.  Hope you enjoy Part 1!

*****
Intro before the Love Letter

Happy Valentine's Day!  Now I know everyone reading this post is in  one of these two camps. Love or Hate Valentine's Day.  The Video below is perfect! LOL =D



HATE  -  I'm single, Valentine's Day is the dumbest most fake holiday ever.  I don't have someone to love, or buy an over-priced sappy card for.  All the pink and red hearts makes me wanna puke! Ect.

LOVE -  I Love Valentine's Day!! And of course I love my significant  other!  I've either already gotten them the perfect gift or I stress til the last minute looking for something that will show how much I love them only to go broke when its over.  Ect.  

So since we're being honest here, I'll pick a side.
I...... am in the group that  Hate valentines day  lol.
And that's why I'm sharing this "Romantic Dream" letter that was written to me.  Even though I'm no longer with the guy who wrote it, it still lets me dream about what the future will bring when I'm ready for love again.  And I hope it encourages all you single people (or people who are  on reserve for the right one, in God's timing) that Love happens to the majority of us. We will blink and it will be upon us.  So in the meantime,  enjoy being single! Do all the things God is calling you to do and continue to discover yourself.

"Daughters (And Sons) of Jerusalem, I charge you:  Do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires. "
~ Song of Songs 8.4.

***************
Close your eyes and dream this with me.

Camelot

I'm riding as fast as I can. It's already dark. Our ship got to the harbor later than expected today because of stormy seas.  I'm still in my lieutenant uniform. This is already my second horse. My little sea-bag of belongings is bouncing up and down with me on the horse.  It's cold and windy. The swirling clouds threaten to erupt in a tremulous storm.  I spur the horse on, faster, faster, faster boy!  Foam streams off the horse. He's wearing out. Oh no! Just a little further! She is waiting for me!

My love!

I cry out as the lighting exploded the whole sky in blinding light. my horse nearly falters, you flash before my eyes as i feel myself begin to crash to the ground--- but God catches the horse, and we are both spared. Heart racing. I'm still alive. I'm still going to see my dearest love.  I'm going to see her tonight!  An eternity goes by. Its raining now.  I don't even hear the thunder anymore.  I'm soaked to the bone. I see the light just in time! As my horse was growing incredibly weary.  I wish dear horse you understood how grateful I am for you. Without you I would not have made it.

I almost leap from my horse.  An attendant with a lantern takes the horse and leads him the to the stables.
"The ball! Is it still on?"  I breathlessly wheeze.   He nods and points across to the hill with the castle.  Bright orange candle lights emanates from within the palace.  Once inside the inn a servant leads me to room to clean myself.   When I was clean to satisfaction,  I find a carriage waiting on me.  Not my carriage.  Not my room in the inn. I'm just a poor serf who was enlisted into the Royal Navy.  The King, in all His blessed Magnificence and Grace, has given me this room, carriage, servants, and more that I could ever need.  And He has given me something---Someone--- else, the greatest and awe-inspiring gift of all.  My love.   His daughter, the Princess.

As I prepare myself for the carriage ride, the servants give me helpful tips,  "Don't shout or run."   "Bow and gently kiss her hand."

It was a short way to the castle.  After all the rushing to get here, I finally had a moment to just breathe and take in the quiet.  Just the clop-clopping of the horses and the rattling of the carriage wheels on the path.  My heart is pounding like a war-drum.  I've got to calm myself.  I can't! I keep thinking of the future.  Walking into the ballroom awkwardly, seeing all the people, seeing you...

I can't understand why she choose me.  I don't even know how to be a gentleman. She probably thinks I've forgotten her. Curse the sea storms for making me late!  She won't want to see me or have me in her presence.  I'll be exposed for who I really am.  A poor, confused, Navy serf who doesn't deserve to be with a lady of her class.

The carriage stops. The door swings open with light dancing into the carriage. I am temporarily blinded.  I step out onto the covered protected path. Gathering what  remains of my courage.  She is in there, my love. I walk up the steps, through the enormous hardwood doors and into the ballroom of the palace.

People are everywhere.  Colors swirling all around the dance floor like school of fish in the sea. (Which I've seen many times from the Ship when near coral reefs.)  The musicians play the lasted music of the times.  The large chandelier and roaring fireplace bring light and warmth to the massive dance hall.  Busy servants move to and from keeping plenty of food and drink on the tables.

This is all I notice in a second, until i focus on the real reason for being there. I continuing searching the crowd not seeing the face I was longing for.  I assumed the worst that she had retired and left the ball early since i hadn't shown up yet.  Oh my dear love, will you ever forgive me? If only i could have ridden faster! never joined the Na---

My heart stops.  I see you. I SEE YOU!  My Love!  I legs feel all wobbly and I look to see you haven't noticed me yet.  What will I say when I approach you. What do I do?  Oh yes, courtesy , no she'll do that. No, she won't do that to someone beneath her class.   I kiss her hand??? What if she doesn't extend her hand to me??? Stay calm and don't run to her.  I realize I was shouting when the group closest to me finally hustles away from me whispering.  I've forgotten how to dance! And I'm starting to sweat now, and if i don't stop running my hands through my hair I'll mess it up again.

"She's waiting for you, my son."  The King is beside me.

I gasp, "Your Majesty! Why?"  I bow quickly.

"Do not ask why. Trust in Me.  She is waiting."   With that said He swiftly walks away from me, leaving me with a courage that in not my own.   Time slows as I walk towards you.  I see nothing else, only you, looking as radiant as the morning sun shining over a blooming field of wildflowers.   I feel the King's presence give me strength., As I approach the Daughter of the King.   I walk up and bow just a bit too quickly.

"Your Highness,"  I stammer a little too loudly.   You turn with one quick pivot and swish of your dress. A smile dances across your face as your eyes meet mine.  You raise your hand to me,  "Lieutenant."  I grip your hand tightly not wanting to let go.  You don't seem to care.  I kiss your outstretched hand with trembling lips.  I don't let go of your hand.

"May I... have this dance?  Your Highness?"  I tack on the end.

Her unattempts to keep from laughing have me confused.  "Of course you may, my gentleman."

My heart melts as you pull me to the dance floor.

My love!

Stay Tuned for part 2 of "A Romantic Dream"  on Tuesday.   Have a great weekend everyone! And Happy Valentine's Day! May you know how much you are loved!

********

If you liked this post,  check out last years Valentine's post (2013)

http://kayleighryder.blogspot.com/2013/02/yellow-flowers-on-valentines-day2013.html


P.S.    I will continue the Skillet Saturday with you guessed it!  "My Religion"  really soon!

Peace, Love Skillet <3   KayLeigh

No comments:

Post a Comment