Saturday, August 17, 2013

"Salvation" - Skillet Saturday 4

This post is dedicated to all the lost in the world who are still wandering around searching for the light.  

(And for all those people who I will continue to argue with about Skillet not being a  christian band. lol. I believe I soft served it hahahaha. Anyways.)  Love this worship song by them!!! So powerful and inspiring!!! Keep spreading the light of  word and Gods gift of Salvation through the most amazing and passionate music!!  Rocking out Jesus Freak style)!!!! ***PANHEADS FOREVER***



5. But He was pierced for our rebellion, crushed for our sins.  He was beaten so we could be whole.  He was whipped so we could be healed.  

 6. ALL OF US, Like sheep, have strayed away.  We have left God's paths to follow our own.  Yet the Lord laid on Him the sins of us all.    

 ~Isaiah 53.6-7 (New Living Translation)


********
~Luke 2.30 (AMP -Amplified Bible)  "For with my [own] eyes I have seen Your Salvation, [Isaiah 52.10]" 


I am one of those people who should count themselves lucky for growing up in a christian home.  But at the same time, I sometimes wish I hadn't because I can't pinpoint on a timeline when and where I accepted Jesus's gift of Salvation for me. I've just known that I loved Jesus from an early age.  I sometimes wish I had a more compelling story to share with people.  While the people with the heart griping stories wish they had been raised in a christian home their entire life like I had.  

My family always went to church on Sundays. It was routine.  We were the picture perfect family for serving and being involved in the church.  I just assumed the majority of people lived their lives the same way.  Going through the church motions, saying all the right church answers, and getting through the rest of the week acting as someone different. 

"All alone, lost in this abyss
Crawling in the dark
Nothing to wet my longing lips
And I wonder where you are
Are you far, will you come to my rescue
Am I left to die but I can’t give up on you"

We all have this longing deep inside of us that leaves us crawling alone  in the dark looking for something more.  People have named it the God shaped hole.  The God shaped hole is something that we all try so very hard to fill with other things besides God.  

Its like our attempts at making a chocolate cake without the chocolate. It can't be done. But we try anyways. Hoping after enough times that we get a flavor that comes close to what we were longing for. 

 But we still choose to take our yellow cake mix time and time again and ( Insert your choice of ingredients here:______________)   hope we'll get different results.  

Money.  Beauty. Popularity. Sex. Drugs. Food. People. Job. 

The List of our combination attempts to make chocolate without buying it are endless. 



During this time frame I found out something that would rock my world. Not in a good way.  I couldn't believe ___________ was happening to me.  I started attaching myself to my close  friends hoping they would fill the hole that was in my heart.  But friend after friend,  None of them could do the job.  I kept getting more and more disappointed wondering if any friends would last forever and if any of them actually cared about what I was going through. 

"I feel you keeping me alive
You are my salvation
Touch you, taste you, feel you here
I feel you keeping me alive
You are my salvation
Hold me, heal me, keep me near
My heart will burn for you
It’s all I can do"

We always had this christian radio station on called WayFM.  I believe music has power like nothing else. Words and sounds do wonders for the soul.  Music was always there and somehow the right songs were always on the radio when I needed to hear them the most.  I started becoming serious about God.  Asking more serious questions. questions that, me being a so called born in church christian should have known the answers to. But I didn't know them.  All those hard questions that nobody, not even your pastor or small group leader had a good enough answer if at all to satisfy you with.  Why did this ____________ happen?  Why was _____________ aloud to make those choices.  Will this ________ ever happen to me? What if_____ it doesn't happen?

"Been out from under who I am
And who I want to be
Held you tightly in my hands
Why are we unraveling
Was it me, will you come to my rescue
Or did I push to far when I turned my back on you

I feel you keeping me alive
You are my salvation
Touch you, taste you, feel you here
I feel you keeping me alive
You are my salvation
Hold me, heal me, keep me near
My heart will burn for you
It’s all I can do"


~Luke 1.77 (New International Version)  "To give His people the knowledge of Salvation through the forgiveness of their sins." 

I wish I could tell you what happened in my life that made me want to get baptized (again, since I was older and could remember choosing it for myself.)  when i was 14-15.   It sounds dumb to say, something just clicked.  I just knew in my heart that God was real.  (Yes I know, some of you are probably going, that's like saying you'll "just know" when you find the one you wanna marry. But I don't "know" the feeling lol. )  Its hard to explain but "you'll know" one day if you don't already. =D   Its like seeing a vivid rainbow, gazing into a starlite sky, watching a breathtaking sunrise/sunset, seeing a little baby and holding it in your arms for the first time.  You see all those things and more, and just realize that someone made it all.  God made the beautiful butterfly's, and the creepy spiders and other misc. bugs you wished he had left out,  and the really cool creatures from the animal planet specials. You see it all and in an instant, you get the feeling. You just know. =D 

I had seen the evidence of his hand all throughout my life and knew I wanted to choose Him for myself.   This was a big step for me!  Choosing God because I felt lead to and because I wanted to.  Not because I had been raised that way and because it was what my family had decided for me to believe.  And Since then my heart is still burning for Him.  Sometimes the flame is huge and seems out of control, while  other times its just a steady burn. Or when certain events happens it seems I'm nothing more than smoldering embers ready for another spark.  But the important lesson in all this is I'm still burning. 

Keeping me alive
You are my salvation
Touch you, taste you, feel you here
Our love will never die
You are my salvation
Hold me, heal me, keep me near
My heart will burn for you
It’s all I can do

Salvation
Salvation
Touch you, taste you, need you
Salvation


******



**From the Dictionary - Concordance  in my New Living Translation Bible.

Salvation - Deliverance from the guilt and power of sin.  By His death and resurrection, Jesus brings salvation to the people who believe in Him.  
  

 ~Psalm 27.1 (NIV)  "The Lord is my light and my salvation--- whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my Life-- of whom  shall I be afraid?" 


 ~Acts 4.12 (NIV)    "Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved." 

  ~2 Corinthians 7.10 (NLT)   "For the kind of Sorrow God wants us to Experience leads us away from sin and results in salvation.  There's no regret for that kind of sorrow.  But worldly sorrow, which lacks repentance results in spiritual death."  

~Hebrews 2.3 (NIV)   "How shall we escape if we ignore so great a salvation? This Salvation, which was first announced by the Lord, was confirmed to us by those who heard Him."  


 ~Philippians 2.12-13  (NLT)    "Dear friends, you always followed my instructions when i was with you. And now that i am away, it is even more important, obeying God with deep reverence and fear.  For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him." 

********

Dear God,  

Thank you much much for dying on the cross for our sins.  I know we are far from deserving, but you see the light in us that we don't often see in ourselves.  I pray that you keep our heart fires lit up for you God.  Thank you so much for all my readers and for this blog.  I'm so excited to see what the future has in store.  We love you Jesus.  In your precious name,  Amen. 

Love, KayLeigh


p.s. yes I know I'm going out of order. 

p.p.s yes its better this way and I really have no clue what I'm doing lol. Just riding this wave God is giving me haha.  See ya next Saturday.  Sorry this was posted so late at nite.  Have a great week! 
*******

Salvation - Skillet (Video with intro from song 7 "madness in me" included. Lyrics. and bible verse Isaiah 53. 6-7 ) 

http://youtu.be/TSFlB1eyTy0

"Salvation" (Lyrics)
All alone, lost in this abyss
Crawling in the dark
Nothing to wet my longing lips
And I wonder where you are
Are you far, will you come to my rescue
Am I left to die but I can’t give up on you

I feel you keeping me alive
You are my salvation
Touch you, taste you, feel you here
I feel you keeping me alive
You are my salvation
Hold me, heal me, keep me near
My heart will burn for you
It’s all I can do

Salvation
Salvation
(Keeping me alive)
Salvation
(You’re keeping me)
Salvation
(You’re keeping me alive)

Been out from under who I am
And who I want to be
Held you tightly in my hands
Why are we unraveling
Was it me, will you come to my rescue
Or did I push to far when I turned my back on you

I feel you keeping me alive
You are my salvation
Touch you, taste you, feel you here
I feel you keeping me alive
You are my salvation
Hold me, heal me, keep me near
My heart will burn for you
It’s all I can do

Salvation
Salvation
(Keeping me alive)
Salvation

Touch you, taste you, feel you, need you
Give it all just to find you
Hold me, heal me
I will find you

Keeping me alive
You are my salvation
Touch you, taste you, feel you here
Our love will never die
You are my salvation
Hold me, heal me, keep me near
My heart will burn for you
It’s all I can do

Salvation
Salvation
Touch you, taste you, need you
Salvation

*****
Want to Win Skillet's new CD Rise? Enter my Instagram contest! 


How ya enter:
1. Snap a pic of what your sick of  
Featured photo from @BNATL   -- Bert Starzer, Author of Hershey the Hound of Hope, has donated a signed copy of his book for me to give away with the cd! Yay!! Thanx again! =D


2.  Tag me in it @Nxt_Left 

3. Hashtag it  --   #skilletsaturday_sos84 ,  #sos84_contest 

4. Share the contest and tell others to like your picture! (If your account is private the photos can't be viewed :(  )

*I'll be featuring some of my favorites every Saturday on my blog until the contest is over :) 

*This contest will end when I finish the Skillet Saturday Series.  The Winner will be picked randomly and if the contest goes well I'll pick more than one winner! So plenty of time to win! :D Spread the word, share it, like it,ect!  So excited to see your photos!!!! 

1 comment:

  1. Awesome blog this week KayLeigh! Really enjoyed it. Keep up the awesome job. I find myself looking forward to each week more and more, and with each week they seem to get better.

    ReplyDelete